If you have come this far, it is probably because you are interested in knowing how to turn on and off live video notifications from your Facebook friends when they are broadcasting from anywhere. For this reason, along the following lines we are going to explain the steps you must follow to configure this option so that you do not get interrupted any more with those notifications that may be a nuisance.
The first thing we are going to teach you are the steps you must follow to enable or disable Facebook alerts on any device, being important that you know the steps that you must follow in each one of them. In addition, we are going to explain in detail other settings you can make on Facebook Live to choose whether you want to receive comments or watch a broadcast from your TV.
How to turn Facebook Live Live Video Notifications on and off
Depending on the mobile device from which you are using Facebook, you will have to follow a series of steps to activate or deactivate, as you prefer, notifications that your Facebook friends are broadcasting live through Facebook Live. So that you have no doubts about it, we are going to explain the steps you must follow on each of the devices from which you can access this social network:
In the event that you have an Android mobile device in which you want to adjust these notifications, the steps you must follow are very simple.
- First you must enter the Facebook application from your Android terminal and then write your username and password.
- Then go to the upper right corner of the screen, where you will have to click on the button with the three horizontal lines.
- When you do this, you will see how an options menu is displayed, among which you will have to locate the option Settings and privacy, on which you will have to click.
- Then you must select the option Configuration, which will open a new window on your screen, so you will have to slide your finger between the available options until you locate the Notification settings.
- When accessing this option you will have to choose the option Video, to then locate Allow notifications on Facebook.
- Once you are in this option you will have the possibility to click on the switch to activate or deactivate the arrival of notifications.
- In the event that you want to activate the alerts of your friends when they are live, what you will have to do is customize them by enabling the options Push, email and SMS.
In the event that you are using an iPhone or an iPad, that is, a mobile device with an iOS operating system, the steps to follow are quite similar, and you must do the following:
- First you will have to access the Facebook application for iOS.
- Then you will have to write your access data to get to the main page, after which you will have to click on it three lines icon, which is located in the lower right part of the screen.
- When you access the options menu you will have to go to Settings and privacy and press on it, and then do the same among the options available in Configuration.
- then you will have to look for the tool Configuration of the notifications and access it, selecting the Video and entering the options menu.
- Beside allow notifications from Facebook you will find an options button to enable or disable the option, as desired at all times.
As in the case of Android, you will be able to choose if you want to customize if you are interested in receiving a live broadcast alert when your friends are doing it through a text message notification, a push notification or a email.
PC and macOS
If instead of using a mobile device you are enjoying Facebook from your computer, be it a Windows or MacOS computer, you can customize whether or not you want to receive a video notification from it. To do this, you will have to follow the settings that we are going to indicate below, these being similar to those mentioned for the versions for mobile devices.
In this case you will have to do the following:
- First you will have to access the Facebook social network, so that, once you are in it, go to the upper right part of the screen, where you will find the arrow icon On which you will have to press so that a pop-up menu appears on the screen.
- In this you will have to click on Settings and privacy and then in Configuration.
- When you do, you will find a new window in which you can find different options in the left column, including the third option relative to Notifications.
- If you click on it you will see that numerous options appear again about the notifications you receive. From here you can perform the notification settings. In this particular case we will have to go to Videos.
- When you click on the option Videos You will see that different options appear so that you can adjust, modify and be able to activate or deactivate them as you wish. The options that appear are:
- Allow notifications on Facebook
- Where do you receive these notifications (push, email or SMS).
This way, you know how to activate and deactivate Facebook Live live video notifications, in order to adjust them to your needs and preferences. In this way, your experience on the Facebook social network can be significantly improved, which continues to be the most used by people around the world despite the fact that other platforms such Instagram, Twitter or TikTok continue to grow over time. Despite everything, they are still a long way from Mark Zuckerberg's main social network, the great reference of social networks.