To unblock contacts on WhatsApp It is as simple as going to the section of Settings, where you should click on Account and later locate the section of Privacy. Within this section you will find an option called Blocked contacts.
Once you access it, you will only have to press the number or name of the contact that you are interested in unblocking, so that you can, again, start receiving or sending messages from this particular number.
The contact blocks on WhatsApp They allow you to maintain greater control over the people who may be violating the conditions of use or the rules of coexistence within the platform itself. However, keep in mind that, if you have blocked a person by mistake or have simply smoothed out the rough edges with that person, you will have to follow a series of steps; and we are going to explain to you throughout this article the steps you must follow in order to be able to unblock the user so that you can again maintain contact with that person, both to receive and to send messages.
How to unblock WhatsApp contacts
When considering how to unblock WhatsApp contacts It must be taken into account that the process to be carried out will vary slightly depending on whether we are using the instant messaging application from a mobile device with Android or iOS operating system. In any case, we will explain both cases so that you can carry out the process with complete peace of mind and without problems.
Unblock WhatsApp contacts from an Android smartphone
In the event that you have a mobile device with Android operating system, the process to follow is very simple, although this also happens in the case of the Apple terminal. In this case, for unblock a WhatsApp contact you just need to follow the following steps:
- First you must access the WhatsApp application, where once inside you will have to click on it three vertical dots button that you will find in the upper right part of the screen.
- After doing so you will find a drop-down with different options, where you will have to select Settings and then about Account.
- Then you will have to go to the section Privacy, to later slide and press on Blocked contacts.
- Once you have done it, you will see the different contacts that you have blocked appear on the screen. You only have to click on it and, in the message that will appear on the screen, press Unblock XXX.
This way you can unblock any user, although you can also do it with just access your chat and then click on the option You blocked this contact. Tap to unlock it.
When you do this, you will see a message on the screen that will confirm that you have unblocked that number. Once you confirm this action, you will find that in the same chat conversation a message will appear indicating that that user has been unblocked.
Unblock WhatsApp contacts from an iOS smartphone
In the event that you are using a mobile device with an iOS operating system, to unblock a contact on WhatsApp You must follow some steps that vary slightly with respect to Android, although they are also very simple to perform. They are as follows:
- First of all you must open the WhatsApp application, to then go to Configuration, an option that is located in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Then you will have to go to Account and later between the options that appear on the screen you will select Privacy.
- Then go to Blocked, and press the button Edit found in the upper right corner of this section.
- Later you will have to press the minus sign in red that you will find next to the contact you want to unblock. Then you just have to confirm by choosing the option To unlock.
Unblock WhatsApp Contacts from WhatsApp Web
In addition to being able to unblock a contact from iOS and Android mobile devices, there is the possibility of doing it in a way that for many is more comfortable, and that is by resorting to Web WhatsApp. In this case, the steps to follow are as follows.
- First you will have to access WhatsApp Web and scan the QR code in order to synchronize both devices.
- Then, once the PC and mobile are synchronized, it will be time to click on the button with the three vertical dots that you will find in the upper right part of WhatsApp Web.
- Then choose the option from the drop-down menu Configuration; and then go to Blocked.
- Done this you will have to click on the contact to unblock and a message will appear on the screen, in which you will have to select the option To unlock.
How to block a WhatsApp contact
If instead of knowing how to unblock a WhatsApp contact what interests you is to know how to block a contact; and thus avoid receiving calls and messages from a specific contract, the steps you must follow to do so are the following:
- First you must enter WhatsApp to find the contact you are interested in blocking, and once you have located it open your conversation.
- Then you must press on the phone number or contact name to be able to enter your profile.
- Once you are in this option you will have to slide and press the button Block. Then you will confirm the action by clicking on again Block.
Another alternative to block is by clicking on the three vertical points that appear in the upper right corner of the chat, and then pressing the button More and then Block. From there you can choose only if you want to block that number from receiving messages or calls or if you also want to report it. However, this process is not available in the case of WhatsApp Web.
This way, you know how to unblock and block a WhatsApp contact, a process that as you can see is very easy to carry out.