La Twitter verification It is one of the functions most requested by users in the Twitter application, one of the main social networks that we can find today despite the fact that it has been at our disposal for many years.
If you want to know How to become a verified user on Twitter, we are going to explain some tips so that you know how you can get it, so that you can have next to your name that little badge that tells us that the person or brand that claims to be is really behind an account. This, in addition, is a distinctive that makes it stand out from the accounts of other users.
Twitter has been releasing different updates and news over the past few weeks, including a feature that prevents images from being automatically cropped on iOS and Android.
In the midst of all these changes, Twitter is already considering a new wave of verifications of the social network, so it will be very interesting for you to know How to become a verified user on Twitter facing this and do not miss the opportunity. This is because it is most likely that it is an activity that has a limited duration until the user verification is restricted and paused for the moment, a situation in which we still find ourselves today.
This causes that there are many people who, although they seek verification and comply with the requirements, in recent times have not been able to receive that verification that they want so much.
Can you get verified from Twitter?
If you want to know How to become a verified user on Twitter You must bear in mind that you will have to face a rather long process that you will have to complete in order to access to have the badge that thus accredits you. However, although at the moment it is a process that continues to be deactivated, it will be possible to do it throughout this year, so it is advisable that you be very attentive to be able to enjoy this possibility.
However, in order to access this verification you must meet a series of requirements. To begin, you will have to be a member of one of these social sectors to be eligible for verification:
- News organizations and journalists
- Companies, brands and non-profit organizations
- Sports and e-sports
- Activists, organizers and other influencers.
Also, you should be aware that these types of accounts will not be verified:
- Parody, news, comment and fan accounts;
- Fictional characters and pets (unless affiliated with a verified brand, company or organization).
- Accounts that commit serious violations of the platform's manipulation and spam policy, such as buying and selling followers and participation.
- Accounts of individuals or groups associated with coordinated harmful activities, or with hateful content, as defined in the Twitter Advertising Policies.
- Accounts that have been found guilty of serious human rights violations by an international tribunal or court.
Tips for getting verified on Twitter
In addition to the above, it is important that you take into account a series of tips or tips to be able to get verified on Twitter. This process in order to achieve it will require you to complete a form.
The tips that you must take into account in order to obtain this verification are the following:
- First of all you must complete your profile making sure that you have entered both your full name and your email, telephone number and the biography of the social network duly completed.
- You must be a person active the social network. In order to access the verification, it will be necessary for you to maintain activity in your Twitter account, which you will have to have used in the last 6 months prior to the request.
- You have proof that you say who you say you are and that, therefore, you correspond with any of the groups and types of users and accounts mentioned. It is important that you gather all the information before starting the verification process, so that you have everything at hand so that the process does not take longer than desired.
- You must have a valid identity document. You must make sure that you have a valid identity document that is issued by the government, such as a national identity card or passport.
- You must NOT violate the rules, since in that case, Twitter will not verify you. If you have doubts in this regard, you will only have to consult their use policies to know what you can or cannot do.
- As soon as you have the verification, you cannot be unconcerned, but you must behave well since Twitter, in the event that your attitude and behavior are not adequate, will withdraw the verification.
Twitter makes automatic clipping disappear
The function of automatic clipping on Twitter has been a headache and annoyance for many of the users of the social network, but fortunately Twitter has decided to do without it.
On May 5 this function has begun to disappear, so that those who want to enjoy complete images when publishing them on the social network will see how they can do it, without having to see how it was automatically cropped as it sometimes happened, where the clipping was based on irrelevant parts of the image that tarnished the final post.
This has been a problem for users of the social network for a long time and after two years of requests from the community, users can finally free themselves from it. On May 5, the function was eliminated, which was celebrated by artists, influencer or game developers, who have been able to share complete images without fear that the social network would only show an irrelevant part of it as it happened throughout the last years.
However, there is a limit and that is that Twitter confirmed that images with an aspect greater than 2: 1 will still be cropped.